1.1 Introduction: SmartOne Solutions Inc. (“SmartOne”) provides the SmartOne Solution which enables residents in a SmartOne powered community to interface and interact with their suite and building amenities (the “Services”). These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your legal rights to use or access the SmartOne Solution and the Services.
1.2 Acceptance of Terms: These Terms take effect when you click on the appropriate acceptance box when you register to use the Services or download and install the SmartOne Solution mobile application. By clicking on the acceptance box and/or by accessing or using the Services you (a) acknowledge that you have read and understand these Terms; (b) represent and warrant that you have the right, power, and authority to enter into these Terms and, if entering into this agreement for an organization, that you have the legal authority to bind that organization; and (c) accept these Terms and agree that you are legally bound by its terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms of Service or do not have authority described above, do not check the appropriate acceptance box and do not install, download, access, or use the SmartOne Solution or Services.
1.3 Update to Terms: The Terms may be changed and updated from time to time by SmartOne. SmartOne will either provide you with updated terms or post updated terms on its website (https://smart-one.ca) and will be effective as of the date of posting. You can determine when these Terms were last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above.
- Account: means your SmartOne account, including the login identification and password that allows you to access the SmartOne Solution.
- Content: means any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, e-mail messages, or any other messages.
- SmartOne IP means the SmartOne Solution and all intellectual property provided to you or any User in connection with using the SmartOne Solution or Services. For the avoidance of doubt, SmartOne IP includes Aggregated Statistics and any information, data, or other content derived from SmartOne’s monitoring of your access to or use of the SmartOne Solution and Services, but does not include your User Content.
- SmartONE Solution means the SmartOne proprietary solution, which includes end user interfaces using a wallpad and a mobile application, and includes all SmartOne provided hardware, software, firmware, integrated third-party offerings, manuals, documentation or other reference material associated with the SmartOne Solution.
- User: making Personal Information available to a third party for processing, storage or otherwise, solely to be used on behalf of SmartONE.
- Use: means you, the resident of the SmartOne Community, and any other persons to whom you grant access to your Account.
- User Content: means any Content that you send, submit, post, or otherwise transmit in connection with the SmartOne Solution and Services.