- Consent: voluntary agreement to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing, but is always unequivocal and does not require any inference on the part of SmartONE. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances or from an individual’s action or inaction
- Disclosure: making Personal Information available to a third party for that party’s own use.
- Personal Information means information, recorded in any form, that identifies an individual or that could be used to identify an individual, but does not include aggregated, anonymized, or depersonalized information that cannot be associated with an individual.
- SmartONE Solution means the SmartONE proprietary solution that provides smart home and connected community capabilities, and includes the customized smartphone application that users download from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (the “SmartONE Application”).
- Transfer: making Personal Information available to a third party for processing, storage or otherwise, solely to be used on behalf of SmartONE.
- Use: the treatment, handling, and management of Personal Information by and within SmartONE.
- Users: mean end-users of the SmartONE Solution.
SmartONE is responsible for Personal Information in its possession or custody, including information that has been transferred to a third party for processing. SmartONE shall use contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of protection while the information is being processed by a third party.
a. implementing procedures to protect Personal Information;
c. training staff and communicating to staff information about the organization’s policies and practices.
As described above, in some cases, SmartONE processes Personal Information on behalf of our Client as the Client’s service provider. In these circumstances, the Client is accountable for the Personal Information that we process on their behalf in accordance with their instructions.